- Have you experienced 4 or more sinus infections this year?
- Do you get repeated sinus infections for many years?
- Is your nose frequently stuffy?
- Do you get sinus pressure headaches often?
- Do you get a sinus infection whenever you get a cold?
- Do you have constant phlegm or postnasal drip to snort or spit?
- Balloon Sinuplasty is an innovative, safe and effective procedure of opening the sinuses to reduce sinus pressure and repeated infections.
- This procedure is performed in the office.
- The balloon is used to enlarge the sinus openings but then removed.
- In-office Ballloon Sinuplasty is performed under topical and local anesthesia and allows the patient to avoid general anesthesia or a hospital.
- In contrast to endoscopic sinus surgery, the use of only balloons allows this procedure to be minimally invasive without cutting, bruising or incisions.
- No preoperative blood testing is typically required for most patients.
- Because it is performed in the office, the patient saves the cost of a hospital, surgery center, anesthesiologist and pathologist which are common with other sinus surgeries.
- Most patients return to work the next day and to normal activity with 2-3 days.
To Be Eligible
- You must have sinus problems such as pain, pressure, drainage, congestion or phlegm despite medical treatment with saline washes, nasal sprays and antibiotics.
- An evaluation by your BCENTS doctor must demonstrate that you are a candidate for the procedure.
- You must not suffer from anxiety, claustrophobia or issues which would make an awake office procedure difficult such as a dental procedure.
- This procedure is usually covered by Medicare, Healthcare Partners, Regal Medical Group, United Healthcare. Our office will confirm your insurance benefits or provide you a cash price.
Balloon Sinuplasty Patient Testimonial