- Adenoids are located high in the throat behind the nose and the roof of the mouth.
- Removal of the adenoids is an adenoidectomy.
- This operation is usually performed to relieve one or more of these problems:
- Constant or repeated nasal blockage or congestion due to large adenoids
- Frequent sinus infections with postnasal drainage, phlegm or boogies
- Recurrent ear problems such as pressure or infections
- Adenoidectomy is an outpatient surgical procedure lasting between 30 and 45 minutes and performed under general anesthesia
- Do you have constant nasal blockage?
- Do you have constant postnasal drip?
- Do you get frequent ear infections or pressure?
- Do you have to breathe with your mouth open?
- Do you snore?