Dr. Schaye is a general otolaryngologist. This means that he sees all ear, nose and throat problems.
He was Chief of ENT for the country’s largest private medical group, HealthCare Partners, and served in the same capacity for California’s FHP, Family Health Plan.
He is frequently asked to give second opinions for ENT medical problems.
Dr. Schaye’s practice at present is limited to medical problems. He generally refers patients needing surgery to his very qualified colleagues.
Education and Training
- Princeton University, 1959
- Bachelor of Arts
- Washington University Medical School, 1963
- NYU Bellevue Hospital New York City, 1963-1964
- US Public Health Service, Lt. Commander, 1964-66
NIH Fellowship at Pediatric Speech and Hearing
- NYU Medical School, 1966-1967
Residency Training in Otolaryngology (ENT)
- Albert Einstein Medical College, 1967-1970
Fellowship in Head and Neck Surgery
- Univ of Liverpool England with Mister Phillip Stell, 1974
UCLA Anderson School Executive Program in Management, 2008 Board Certification
- American Board of Otolaryngology- Head & Neck Surgery, 1971
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center
- 1970-78 Private Practice New York City
- 1978-84 Private Practice Los Angeles CA and Redondo Beach Medical Group (precursor of HealthCare Partners)
- 1984-89 Family Health Plan
- 1989-2015 HealthCare Partners Medical Group Torrance CA
- A founding partner HealthCare Partners Medical Group
- Chief ENT Surgery Family Health Plan (FHP) Los Angeles 1984-1989
- Chief ENT Surgery HealthCare Partners 1998-2009
- Assistant Clinical Professor Otolaryngology New York University Medical School 1970-1978
- Clinical Instructor Otolaryngology UCLA 1979-1989
When not seeing patients, Dr. Schaye and his wife restore historic homes throughout the United States.